TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES RIDES INTO THEATERS WITH WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ ANTI-HERO ACTION-ADVENTURE BIRDS OF PREY (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN)
- Continuing an incredible tradition of iconic film placements, Triumph partners with Warner Bros. Pictures to feature in the forthcoming action adventure film Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), releasing only in theatres on February 7th 2020.
- Triumph Street Triple RS is featured in the film, ridden by mysterious crossbow expert Huntress who, in the film, must join forces with Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Renee Montoya and Cassandra Cain to form the ultimate vigilante girl gang.
In the film, Huntress rides an aggressive, stylish black Triumph Street Triple RS—an integral part of her badass character! Out for revenge against those who wronged her family, she has Gotham City’s top mob boss, and others, in her sights, and her crossbow trained on them.
The film contains several exciting action scenes featuring explosive motorcycle performances, stunts, and dynamic riding.
About the film
You ever hear the one about the cop, the songbird, the psycho and the mafia princess? Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) is a twisted tale told by Harley herself, as only Harley can tell it. When Gotham’s most nefariously narcissistic villain, Roman Sionis, and his zealous right-hand, Zsasz, put a target on a young girl named Cass, the city is turned upside down looking for her. Harley, Huntress, Black Canary and Renee Montoya’s paths collide, and the unlikely foursome have no choice but to team up to take Roman down.
In the Warner Bros. Pictures film, Margot Robbie (I, Tonya) returns as Harley Quinn, alongside Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane, TV’s “Fargo”) as Huntress; Jurnee Smollett-Bell (HBO’s “True Blood”) as Black Canary; Rosie Perez (Fearless, Pitch Perfect 2) as Renee Montoya; Chris Messina (Argo, TV’s “Sharp Objects”) as Victor Zsasz; and Ewan McGregor (Stephen King’s Doctor Sleep, the “Trainspotting” films) as Roman Sionis. Newcomer Ella Jay Basco also stars as Cassandra “Cass” Cain in her feature film debut.
Directed by Cathy Yan (Dead Pigs) from a script by Christina Hodson (Bumblebee), the film is based on characters from DC. Robbie also produced, alongside Bryan Unkeless and Sue Kroll. The film’s executive producers are Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman, Geoff Johns, Hans Ritter and David Ayer.
Warner Bros. Pictures Presents a LuckyChap Entertainment Production, a Clubhouse Pictures Production, a Kroll & Co. Entertainment Production, Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). Opening in theatres beginning on 6 February 2020, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
About the motorcycle
Triumph’s Street Triple RS, is a top specification motorcycle, widely regarded as the category leading, ultimate performance street bike.
The Street Triple’s unique blend of attributes, make it; light, fast, fun, agile and stylish – the Street Triple has been a game-changing bike in the motorcycle world since its launch with an incredibly distinctive character, thrilling triple engine, yet retaining real accessibility to many riders the world over.
It redefined the middleweight sports category, establishing itself as the first choice for its combination of aggressive looks, light intuitive handling, thrilling power delivery, and its unique triple soundtrack. The Street Triple’s original bad-ass looks were derived from the original street fighter movement, and the current generation is a modern interpretation of this iconic styling with a much more aggressive, angular and minimalist look.
Featuring the exhilarating 765cc engine, the Street Triple became the lightest bike in class, with all new state-of-the-art technology, high specification chassis and Triumph’s signature exceptional standard of finish and detailing.
About the partnership
Triumph Motorcycles is supporting the theatrical release of Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) via a global in-dealership campaign at 650+ locations and U.S. consumer sweepstakes.
For the consumer sweepstakes in the US, one lucky person will have the chance to win a Triumph Street Triple bike as the main prize.
- END -
For further information contact Tom Robinson on email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Triumph celebrates a long lineage of film placement, from; 1963 icon, The Great Escape (MGM), to more recent blockbuster hits like Mission Impossible Two (2000) and Jurassic World (2015).
- The Triumph Moto2™ 765cc race engine is a development of the class-leading Street Triple RS 765cc road motorcycle with the same visceral soundtrack.
- First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 115 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2017. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 65,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the iconic new Scrambler 1200, epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
- Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic choice today.
- Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again this year, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman. And of course with the new generation 765cc triple engine powering the 2019 Moto2™ championship, Triumph’s racing legend continues.