The new Triumph Bonneville T120 and T120 Black - Timeless icons, beautifully evolved
- Both crafted to the highest standard of detailing, quality and finish, matched by the capability and performance of a truly modern classic.
- Powered by the all-new 1200cc ‘high torque’ Bonneville engine, fed by beautiful authentically styled twin throttle bodies. Built to deliver more torque lower down and across the rev range. Authentic peashooter exhausts deliver that genuine sound of a British twin.
- Both featuring an all-new chassis and suspension developed for refined all day riding every day, all day, with or without a passenger. Combining Triumph’s signature ride dynamic of neutrality, agility and stability with advanced levels of capability and comfort.
- Inspired by the legendary 1959 Bonneville and styled to incorporate more of the original’s iconic DNA. Both with a significantly higher level of finish, beautifully authentic detailing and standard of equipment that sets a new benchmark.
- The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are two of the five exciting motorcycles in the new Bonneville family - all with 100% authentic Bonneville character, truly modern capability and performance.
Like the iconic original Bonneville T120, that enjoyed global success thanks to its heart-stopping looks and game-changing performance, with their poise, elegance and attitude, the new Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are perfectly in tune with today’s desire for authenticity, character and capability.
With real pedigree, presence and performance, the authentic and classy Bonneville T120 and mean and moody T120 Black are beautiful evolutions of a timeless icon.
New 1200cc ‘high torque’ engine The authentic character of the Bonneville T120 comes to life through the all-new
1200cc ‘high torque’ 8 valve, parallel twin engine.
Built specifically for the modern classic riding style, with immediate and exciting power delivery, it produces a peak torque figure of 105Nm at a low 3100 rpm - an amazing 54% more than the previous generation.
With the pinpoint accuracy and instant throttle response of Triumph’s next generation ride-by-wire fuel-injection and engine management system, the six-speed 1200 Bonneville engine is engineered with a charismatic tone and 270° firing interval for a smooth,
linear power delivery.
The engine profile has been beautifully crafted to incorporate key heritage styling cues from the legendary 60's Bonneville bikes, sensitively incorporating contemporary components to maintain that iconic engine sillouette. The finish has also been taken to a new high standard, with brushed aluminium engine covers, with elegant bronze detailing, on the T120, and black engine covers with machined aluminium detailing on the T120 Black.
Behind the new 1200 engines stylish exterior sits a cutting-edge liquid cooling system, carefully integrated to minimise its visual impact whilst achieving cleaner emissions and enhancing fuel efficiency.
Finally, all-new elegant peashooter style exhausts, follow a clean ‘straight line run’ achieved through an ingenious twin skin design that covers the pipe run through the cat box and out again. Delivering the true sound of a British twin, with a deep and rich exhaust note that truly matches the T120’s character, tuned to a level you would want and expect.
The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black set a new standard of capability in modern classics, with a wealth of rider-focused technology to deliver advanced control, safety and enhanced rider confidence – integrated sensitively and withoutcompromise to maintain the authentic Bonneville style and character.Including:
Triumph’s variable anti-lock braking system bringing a new level of safety and control to the Bonneville.
For enhanced throttle responsiveness, safety, feel and fuel economy.
Taking advantage of the ride-by-wire system the switchable traction control system optimises the delivery of the T120’s amazing torque.
Two rider modes
Linked to the ride-by-wire system the two selectable rider mode options 'road’ and ‘rain' provide the rider with greater control and safety.
Slip assist clutch
Bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it easier to ride, and ride longer.
LED rear light
Built into the classically inspired tail set-up, bringing a distinctive rear light pattern and power efficiency. With an integrated number plate light.
LED DRL headlight
Incorporating the latest in daytime running lights (DRL) that delivers a distinctive signature light pattern and enhance power efficiency for long term durability. (Where legislation allows).
High specification factory fitted heated grips, with a three-mode settings fitted as standard.
USB charge socket
Headstock mounted USB socket provided so riders can charge up their essential devices.
Transponder integrated into the new T120 key.
Stylish twin clocks
Feature packed clocks (speedo and rev counter) with beautiful 3D dial faces, cleverly incorporating a digital menu system. Key features include:
- Heated grips setting
- Rider mode setting – road or rain
- Gear position indicator
- Two trip settings
- Service indicator
- Range to empty
- Fuel level, average and current MPG
- Access to turn off traction control and ABS features
Additionally riders can add accessories which would also then be accessed via the clock display, including cruise control.
New elegant switchgear presents simple fingertip controls for easy access to the key features on the new twin clocks.
Relaxed and refined handling
Both of our Bonneville T120 models feature an all-new chassis and suspension set-up, developed for relaxed and refined riding every day, all day, alone or with a pillion.
Combining Triumph’s signature ride dynamic of neutrality, agility and stability with a more comfortable seat and greater suspension travel for an engaging, yet easy-going ride. With their relaxed riding position, heated grips as standard, centre stand and passenger grab rail the Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are fully equipped for maximum comfort and real world practicality.
Inspired by the legendary ’59 Bonneville, the new Bonneville T120 and T120 Black have been crafted to incorporate more of the original’s DNA and iconic styling cues, detailing and features.
From the overall Bonneville silhouette, to the sculpted flowing lines of the fuel tank, the intricately detailed badges, lights and stunning twin clocks, the new T120 and T120 Black are timeless icons, beautifully evolved.
The Bonneville T120 features a wealth of original detailing and a new level of standard equipment, including deep chrome multi-piece badges, grab rail and wheel rims, centre stand, heated grips and innovative twin skinned chrome exhaust headers and peashooter style silencers - developed specifically to minimise heat discoloration and deliver that authentic ‘straight through’ pipe run.
With all the character, detailing and finish of the T120, the new Bonneville T120 Black brings even more style and attitude - with a sophisticated dark brown seat and all-black detailing, including: black rims, grab rail, exhaust and engine finish.
Premium colours options
The Bonneville T120 is available in four classic inspired colour schemes:- Cranberry Red and Aluminium Silver, with hand painted coach lines
- Jet Black and Pure White, with hand painted coach lines.
- Jet Black
- Cinder Red.
The T120 Black is available in two mean and moody paint schemes:- Jet Black
- Matt Graphite.
New custom accessory range
The Bonneville T120s are already guaranteed to stand out in a crowd – now with the launch of our new Bonneville custom accessories range you can make them even more distinctive and personal.
Presenting over 160 new stylish, high quality accessories for the Bonneville
T120 and T120 Black, encompassing a garage full of custom inspired parts including:
Vance & Hines chrome peashooter style slip on silencers, beautiful stitched seats, chrome clutch, alternator and throttle body embellishers and an authentic 4-bar Triumph tank badge.
To make it easier, we’ve also created the stunning Prestige ‘inspiration’ kit to use as the starting point for riders to design their own T120 custom, or to have fitted as a complete set.
The Prestige inspiration kit
Bringing even more detailing and heritage presence, the Prestige kit features a host of high quality T120 accessories.
- Authentic chrome ‘4 bar’ tank badge
- Ribbed and stitched black seat
- Compact LED indicators
- Chrome Vance & Hines peashooter slip on silencers
- Black ‘Barrel style’ handlebar grips
- Chrome clutch cover, alternator cover and throttle body embellishers
Please note that availability of the Vance & Hines silencers, rear mudguard removal kits and indicators are governed by local market legislation.
Joining the ranks of iconic Triumph Bonneville motorcycles stretching back to the game-changing T120 of 1959, Triumph proudly presents the next chapter of the Bonneville story with the new Bonneville T120 and T120 Black – proud statements of Triumph’s past and present - timeless icons, beautifully evolved.
- ends –
For further information on the new Bonneville family, please contact Nik Ellwood, Global PR Manager on 01455 453434 or email email@example.com.
Notes to Editors
- First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA. The original British superbike and a race winner straight out of the crate. Chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic
- Building around 54,500 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has over 750 dealers across the world.
- Triumph holds a unique place in the history of the International Six Day Trials as the motorcycle of choice for both the multiple winning British teams and famously Steve McQueen’s US ride entry in 1964.
- At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the Daytona 200 and TT
winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, the class defining Tiger 800, the transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
- Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India, Indonesia and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Bonneville T120 and T120 Black