AVAILABILITY DATE CONFIRMED FOR THE NEW 2019 MY TRIUMPH CONNECTIVITY SYSTEM
Triumph Motorcycles are pleased to confirm the full availability date for the innovative 2019 My Triumph Connectivity System for Scrambler 1200 XC and XE and Rocket 3 R and GT:
- From 16th December, customers can visit their Triumph Dealer in order to purchase and have the My Triumph Connectivity System fitted to their Scrambler 1200 or Rocket 3 motorcycle.
- The accessory My Triumph Connectivity System includes:
- My Triumph Connectivity module
- Software update for the My Triumph Connectivity module
- Software update for the TFT instruments
- Installation will last 60 minutes and will include fitting kit and software upload
Triumph Motorcycles are also pleased to announce the launch of the all-new ‘My Triumph’ app:
- From 16th December, the new ‘My Triumph’ app will be available to download for free on Android™ and iOS™ compatible mobile phones.
- The core functionality of the ‘My Triumph’ app includes the following features:
- Records your route, at the end of your ride displays a summary of your journey and allows for it to be shared with friends.
- Allows for live navigation, built with Google, on the Triumph motorcycle’s TFT instruments, facilitated through the new My Triumph Connectivity system.
- Monitors the status of the Triumph motorcycle, presenting key information such as odometer, average fuel consumption and time/distance to service, facilitated through the new My Triumph Connectivity system.
NEW 2019 MY TRIUMPH TFT CONNECTIVITY SYSTEM
Triumph introduces a whole new generation of motorcycle connectivity for 2019, designed to deliver an enhanced rider experience with a host of class-defining connectivity features.
The new My Triumph Connectivity System will be available from 16th December, for the Scrambler 1200 XC, Scrambler 1200 XE, Rocket 3 R, and Rocket 3 GT.
- New My Triumph Connectivity System features and benefits:
- New world’s first motorcycle integrated ‘GoPro’ control system
- Triumph’s first ‘turn-by-turn’ navigation system built with Google – the first Google partnership with a premium motorcycle manufacturer
- Music and phone operation
- New class-defining capability for enhanced rider experience
- Intuitive operation and rider functionality:
- All features facilitated by a new accessory My Triumph Connectivity module
- All features accessed and managed by the rider via the TFT instruments
- Turn-by-turn navigation supported by a free all-new ‘My Triumph’ app, which will be available for Android™ and iOS™ compatible mobile phones
- Owners will need to visit their Triumph dealers to have the accessory My Triumph Connectivity module fitted and the system software applied.
CLASS-DEFINING SYSTEM FEATURES
World’s first motorcycle integrated GoPro control system
Triumph introduces the first motorcycle integrated GoPro control system, functionality which is only available from Triumph.
The rider can capture every moment on their ride by connecting their GoPro to the TFT display where they can intuitively access and control key GoPro functions through the motorcycle’s TFT instruments and left hand switch cube.
The TFT instruments display simple graphic icons on the screen, indicating the status of GoPro camera, including mode, start film, stop film, take photo and battery level. This system is compatible with all GoPro cameras from HERO 5 and SESSION 5 onwards.
Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system built with Google, and delivered by a new ‘My Triumph’ app.
The first for any Triumph motorcycle and the very first Google partnership with a premium motorcycle manufacturer – the Triumph ‘turn-by-turn’ navigation system facilitates navigation through the My Triumph Connectivity module, which can be installed by your local dealer.
This great functionality will enable you to connect with hundreds of millions of places and businesses, and add up to 21 destinations along the route if required, with reliable, location aware search suggestions.
Once the rider has selected the route on the ‘My Triumph’ app and set-off, the instruments present clear graphic turn symbols on the screen using icons, providing precise turn indications.
This sophisticated navigation system gives riders a simple and easy way to set their route and find their destination, both on short and long journeys.
Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
Phone and music operation
This functionality is facilitated through the My Triumph Connectivity module, enabling the rider to pair their smartphone and Bluetooth® headset to the connectivity system, providing full and intuitive control on the move.
Phone functions such as making and receiving calls and SMS message notification can be controlled via the left hand switch cube, as can music track selection.
- END –
For further information contact Tom Robinson on Tom.Robinson@Triumph.co.uk
Notes to Editors
- The Triumph Moto2™ 765cc race engine is a development of the class-leading Street Triple RS 765cc road motorcycle with the same visceral soundtrack.
- First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 115 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2017. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 65,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the iconic new Scrambler 1200, epic Speed Triple, the game changing all new Street Triple 765, the class defining Tiger 900, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the stunning Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
- Triumph currently employs around 2,000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE authentic modern classic choice today.
- Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again this year, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman. And of course with the new generation 765cc triple engine powering the 2019 Moto2™ championship, Triumph’s racing legend continues.