TRIUMPH & THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN’S RIDE CELEBRATE THE EVENT’S 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Celebrating a decade of riding dapper for a cause, Triumph and The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride join forces for the 8th consecutive year of bringing classic and vintage style motorcyclists together for the 23rd of May, 2021. This year’s event marks it’s 10th year Anniversary and has raised $27.45M USD since its first edition.
Triumph Motorcycles have been proudly supporting The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride for the last 8 years, which has brought together over 300,000 classic motorcycle enthusiasts to help raise funds and awareness of prostate cancer and men’s mental health.
As homage to The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride’s 10th year anniversary, a one-off Triumph Thruxton RS will be built and revealed before the event. The prize will be reserved for the Gentlefolk Competition Winner for 2021. In order to be eligible to win, participants need to register at www.gentlemansride.com where more info are available on how to be eligible for the Gentlefolk competition.
DGR: The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride was founded in Sydney, Australia in 2012 by Mark Hawwa. After inspiration from a photograph featuring classic suits and vintage motorcycles, Mark decided a themed ride would be a great way to combat the often-negative stereotype of motorcyclists and connect the global motorcycling community and to raise funds for a cause important to every rider.
The event has been attracting an increasing number of participants around the world every year since 2012. Since then, it has raised a total of $27.45M USD and brought together over 300,000 riders. This year, the motorcycling fundraising event looks to reach the milestone of raising over $30M USD on its 10th year anniversary, to continue funding research and programs with Movember such as the Social Connections Challenge and the Veteran’s and First Responders Challenge.
Riding events: Due to the ever-changing level of restrictions in place in each city and country, the format of The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride for 2021 will vary depending on the location in which each ride will take place. It will contain a mixture of COVID-safe, Route Only, or Ride Solo events. For information on how rides near you will be conducted, visit www.gentlemansride.com. The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride encourages all participants to operate within COVID-safe best-practices, and maintain appropriate social distancing measures.
Triumph and DGR: Triumph is proud to once again partner with The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride to support this incredible event and to encourage every Triumph fan to support the event by dressing dapper, riding and donating, while observing clear social distancing regulations that each country has in place.
In addition, Triumph is donating four brand new motorcycles from its Modern Classic range to be gifted to the three highest fundraisers worldwide and to the winner of the Gentlefolk Competition. One of these four bikes will be a unique piece custom-Thruxton RS that will celebrate the 10th year anniversary of the initiative.
The Triumph Modern Classic motorcycle family represents the quintessence of the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride spirit: elegant, iconic, characterful, and built for the ride. Triumph social media channels will also be following the hashtags #DGR2021 and #ForTheRide to interact and engage will all participants worldwide and a series of influencers and celebrities will be joining the solo ride to help the DGR 2021 to be a record-breaking edition.
Paul Stroud, Triumph’s Chief Commercial Officer: “We at Triumph are proud to be the main partner for the Distinguished Gentlemen’s Ride for the 8th consecutive year, and are also delighted to be celebrating the 10th-year anniversary of the initiative overall. Our relationship with the DGR is an incredibly important partnership - raising funds and awareness to fight prostate cancer and support men’s mental health is important to both Triumph and riders. As ever, progress to raise awareness and support is even more effective when it’s a lasting partnership where we can improve and evolve our collective activity year on year.”
Mark Hawwa, Founder & Director of The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride: “It’s hard to believe that 10 years ago, a few dapper men and women mounted their classic bikes and rode in the first ever Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride. We’ve made so many incredible connections and met so many inspiring people over the last decade; and one of the connections that we’re most proud of is with Triumph Motorcycles. Since 2014, our partnership has paved the way for classic and vintage styled riders to mount their steeds, look distinguished, and ride for men’s health. This year, we are not only celebrating 10 years of DGR, but 8 years of our partnership with Triumph Motorcycles. We look forward to collectively raising over $30m USD since the event began, and riding dapper for men’s health - whether that’s in a COVID-safe event, or solo - we’re in this together!”
To learn more about Triumph and DGR, visit https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/inside-triumph/distinguished-gentlemans-ride
- END -
For further information contact Stefano Campaci on email@example.com
Notes to Editors
· First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
· Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
· This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the stunning new Trident 660, epic new Tiger 900, world leading Rocket R and GT, new higher performance Street Triple 765RS, iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton RS, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
· Triumph currently employs around 1,800 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
· The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family the authentic modern classic choice today.
· Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again in 2019, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman.
· Triumph’s racing legend continues as the exclusive engine supplier to the FIM Moto2™ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season. Triumph Motorcycles provides all of the teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each of which is based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powerplant. Redefining the class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the first ever +300km/h Moto2™ top speed, the 2020 season got even faster with another 11 all time lap records and seven different winners from 15 races.
· Triumph’s racing activities are further bolstered by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-supported race team in the British Supersport Championship.
· In 2021 Triumph have announced their forthcoming entry into the Motocross and Enduro worlds as well as a new factory racing effort, with a commitment to top tier championship racing in both Motocross and Enduro series.