NEW TIGER 900 BOND EDITION - AN ICONIC BRITISH PARTNERSHIP
Celebrating the partnership between two British icons, Triumph are pleased to announce a stunning new limited edition motorcycle inspired by the incredible Tiger 900 Rally Pro, which features in amazing stunt sequences in the forthcoming 25th James Bond Film, No Time To Die.
Just like the Bond films, Triumph Motorcycles brings a well-established and instantly recognisable British authenticity, fashioned and proven over time.
With a long and illustrious history in designing, developing, and manufacturing premium motorcycles with exceptional levels of performance, capability and handling, Triumph provided the James Bond stunt team with the perfect fit for the key action sequences in Bond’s latest outing, through the incredibly capable Tiger 900’s and Scrambler 1200’s.
Lee Morrison, No Time To Die stunt coordinator: “The Tiger 900 is the most confidence-inspiring bike, it allows you to really push the ride as far as you want, you can take as many liberties as you want; stand up sideways drifting in third gear, slow wheelie it, slide it Supermoto-style. I honestly think it’s one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden, it’s fantastic.”
Strictly limited to just 250 motorcycles, the new Tiger 900 Bond Edition celebrates the iconic British partnership between James Bond and Triumph.
Each of these stunning motorcycles are individually numbered and come with a signed certificate of authenticity.
Desirable, Distinctive and Sophisticated
The Tiger 900 Bond Edition features a unique and eye-catching Matt Sapphire Black paint scheme and 007TM graphics, enhancing the bike’s stand-out look and premium style and making this a truly unique and desirable motorcycle.
Each motorcycle also comes with a premium, billet machined handlebar clamp, with the bike’s unique limited edition number.
Finally with the unique styling details, the Tiger 900 Bond Edition includes premium ‘blacked out’ detailing throughout. The frame, headlight finishers, side panels, sump guard, pillion footrest hangers, auxiliary lamp shrouds and engine guards all have a premium, black finish.
Premium detailing and equipment
Enhancing the Bond Edition theme, the new limited edition Tiger 900 features an exciting bespoke 007TM start up screen animation and heated rider and pillion seat, crafted with unique Bond Edition branding.
Along with all of the Tiger 900 Rally Pro’s category-dominating specification the new limited edition also comes with an additional pair of high performance Michelin Anakee Wild handbook approved off-road tyres (in addition to the factory fitted Bridgestone Battlax tyres), and a premium Arrow Silencer, which features a lightweight brushed stainless steel body, with a carbon end cap and strap.
Notes to Editors
The Triumph design workshop team collaborated with the No Time To Die stunt team to configure several feature motorcycles, including the special preparation of Tiger 900 and Scrambler 1200 models for extreme and dynamic action sequences.
Official Bond Channels
No Time To Die is directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and stars Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth and final film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond. The film will be released in cinemas from September 30 2021 in the UK through Universal Pictures International and in the US on October 8 2021, from Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) via their United Artists Releasing banner.
No Time To Die Synopsis
In No Time To Die, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
About EON Productions
EON Productions Limited and Danjaq LLC are wholly owned and controlled by the Broccoli/Wilson family. Danjaq is the US based company that co-owns, with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, the copyright in the existing James Bond films and controls the right to produce future James Bond films. EON Productions, an affiliate of Danjaq, is the UK based production company that has made the James Bond films since 1962 and together with Danjaq controls all worldwide merchandising. For more information, visit www.007.com
About Metro Goldwyn Mayer
Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco, and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms, interactive ventures, and is producing premium short- form content for distribution. For more information, visit www.mgm.com
About Universal Pictures International
Universal Pictures International (UPI) is the international marketing and distribution division for Universal Pictures. In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and China (including Hong Kong SAR), UPI directly markets and distributes movies through its own offices, creating local campaigns and release strategies. In other parts of the world, UPI partners with Warner Bros, with Paramount through United International Pictures (UIP), and with Sony, either directly or through UIP, to distribute its films. Universal Pictures is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
About United Artists
United Artists Releasing, a joint venture between Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Annapurna Pictures (Annapurna), is a U.S. theatrical releasing company. Built upon the legacy of the iconic United Artists motion picture studio, the joint venture provides a home where filmmakers are supported by thoughtful approaches to marketing, publicity and distribution. United Artists Releasing offers content creators an alternative distribution option outside of the studio system.
– END –
For further information contact:
Stefano Campaci (Global PR and Sponsorship Manager)
Notes to Editors
- First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
- This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the stunning new Trident 660, epic new Tiger 900, world leading Rocket R and GT, new higher performance Street Triple 765RS, iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton RS, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
- Triumph currently employs around 1,800 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family the authentic modern classic choice today.
- Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again in 2019, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman.
- Triumph’s racing legend continues as the exclusive engine supplier to the FIM Moto2™ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season. Triumph Motorcycles provides all of the teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each of which is based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powerplant. Redefining the class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the first ever +300km/h Moto2™ top speed, the 2020 season got even faster with another 11 all time lap records and seven different winners from 15 races.
- Triumph’s racing activities are further bolstered by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-supported race team in the British Supersport Championship.
- In 2021 Triumph have announced their forthcoming entry into the Motocross and Enduro worlds as well as a new factory racing effort, with a commitment to top tier championship racing in both Motocross and Enduro series.