NEW 2021 SCRAMBLER 1200 XC AND XE AND SCRAMBLER 1200 STEVE MCQUEEN EDITION
With all the Scrambler 1200 XC and XE’s category-dominating specification and style, incredible torque delivery and signature soundtrack, the new 2021 update delivers lower emissions whilst retaining all the thrilling performance, high power and torque that they are renowned for. Alongside the 2021 generation Scramblers comes a new beautiful and unique limited edition that celebrates the most famous movie star, stunt and motorcycle in history, with the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition.
- New Euro 5 engine update with lower emissions
- New Euro 5 exhaust system update with improved heat distribution
- High power 1200cc Bonneville twin engine with dedicated Scrambler tune
- 110Nm at a low 4,500rpm and 90PS at 7,250rpm
Dual-purpose Classic and Adventure cross-over
- Commanding riding position with wide adjustable handlebars
- Superior rider comfort
- 21” front wheel, properly capable of going scrambling
Category-leading specification and state-of-the-art technology
- Öhlins long travel fully adjustable RSUs and long travel Showa forks
- Twin Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers
- Long-travel aluminium swingarm
- Full-colour TFT instruments with illuminated switches
- Up to 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro (XE)
- Optimised cornering ABS and optimised cornering traction control (XE)
- All-LED lighting with DRL headlight (market specific)
- Keyless ignition, single button cruise control and USB charging socket
- Iconic silhouette with sculpted bench seat and signature high level twin exhaust
- Beautifully engineered side-laced tubeless wheels
- Seamless fuel tank with brushed aluminium Monza cap
- 70+ accessories, including new Dakar inspired fly screen
NEW Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition
- Individually numbered limited edition with only 1,000 available worldwide
- Unique Steve McQueen branding on the tank and handlebar clamp
- Exclusive Competition Green custom paint scheme
- New high specification with premium Scrambler accessories fitted as standard
- Certificate of authenticity features the signatures of Triumph’s CEO,
Nick Bloor and Chad McQueen
First launched in 2018, the Triumph Scrambler 1200 has rapidly become a modern Triumph icon, setting a new benchmark in its category thanks to its class-leading riding capabilities both on-road and off-road, its state-of-the-art technology, outstanding specifications and extensive customisation options.
Born from an unparalleled Triumph Scrambler bloodline, including the world’s first production scramblers, raced for fun and glory by legendary racers such as Bud Ekins and Steve McQueen, the new generation has featured in multiple extreme off-road competitions, including the Mexican 1000 and the Spanish Bassella race, repeatedly demonstrating their class leading capability.
A major highlight in the success of the new generation came with it featured in the 25th James Bond movie, No Time To Die, where it received high praise from Lee Morrison, James Bond Stunt Coordinator, who said “the whole stunt team realised very quickly that these were amazing bikes”.
ALL OF THE SCRAMBLER 1200’S CLASS LEADING CAPABILITY
The 2021 Scrambler 1200 XE and XC represent the latest generation of one of the most capable and unique motorcycles on the market, and one of Triumph’s highest specification models ever. A genuine, class-defining cross over of two motorcycle worlds, with the iconic style and character of a Triumph Modern Classic, combined with the capability and specification of a full-on adventure motorcycle.
ENHANCED FOR 2021
Updated for 2021 along with all of Triumph’s iconic modern classic line-up, the new Scrambler 1200 XC and XE features a Euro 5 engine evolution that maintains all of the Scrambler’s renowned power and torque delivery and delivers lower emissions. Additionally, the new generation update brings a revised exhaust system that delivers improved heat distribution.
The Scrambler 1200 is powered by the latest evolution of Triumph’s characterful 1200cc high-power British twin. New for 2021, the engine update delivers lower emissions, exceeding Euro 5 requirements. With a low inertia crank and a high compression cylinder head, plus a dedicated Scrambler tune, specifically developed to give the perfect balance of power and torque delivery for both road and off-road riding, the result is incredible torque from low down right through the rev range.
Peak torque hits 110Nm at just 4,500rpm, while peak power of 90PS arrives at 7,250 rpm. The distinctive Scrambler sound, produced by the 1200cc 8-valve parallel twin engine, is delivered by the twin high level exhaust system which has also been updated for Euro 5 compliance, with the added benefit of improved heat distribution.
Category-Dominating Specification and Capability
The 2021 Scrambler 1200 offers all of the category-dominating level of specification and equipment that gives these motorcycles such unique cross-over Classic and Adventure capability.
The class-leading long travel suspension delivers incredible off-road capability and ground clearance, with 250mm wheel travel front and rear, designed for riding across the toughest of terrains, as well as a supremely comfortable road riding experience. Both the Öhlins twin spring rear shocks and high specification upside down Showa front forks are fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping, providing excellent comfort and control across a wide range of surfaces: from city streets right through to rocky off-road tracks.
Superior stopping-power is guaranteed by the category-leading Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers, with twin 320mm floating discs on the front, and the Brembo caliper with single disc, on the back. Such outstanding braking power is managed by the ABS that comes as standard on both models.
Enhancing the multi-purpose character of the Scrambler 1200, high specification wire spoked wheels with aluminium rims and a side-laced design, come as standard, allowing the use of tubeless tyres. Dual purpose adventure-focused Metzeler Tourance tyres are the standard fit, while for more extreme off-road use, Pirelli Scorpion Rally are recommended as an approved alternative option.
The 21” front wheel contributes to the Scrambler 1200’s incredible off-road capability and commanding riding position, and gives great visibility ahead, both when commuting and off road. This, combined with the wide adjustable handlebar position and the adjustable folding foot controls on the XE model, give the Scrambler 1200 its commanding poise and stance.
Packed with the state-of-the art technology and rider aids, the new Scrambler 1200 XC and XE really set the benchmark. Both models feature the full-colour TFT instruments offering two different design themes, each with three display layout options, allowing the rider to alter the amount of information shown, according to their preferences. The TFT start-up sequence can also be personalised with the rider’s name.
The multi-functional TFT display is controlled via the intuitive and easily accessible handlebar mounted 5-way joystick and other switches, all of which are backlit for easy navigation in the dark. High and low contrast displays ensure the TFTs are readable in all lighting conditions, while the adjustable screen angle suits every rider’s height thanks to the possibility of adjusting it.
The new Scrambler 1200 is also pre-enabled for the accessory-fit My Triumph connectivity system. This allows the rider to access phone calls, operate music, use turn-by-turn navigation and manage a Go-Pro through an intuitive handlebar controls and TFT interface.
Triumph’s latest generation ride-by-wire ensures responsive and precise throttle control at all times, and enables the 6 riding modes – Road, Rain, Sport, Off-Road, Off-Road Pro (available on the XE only) and Rider-Configurable. The riding modes, which can be selected while on the move (with the exception of the Off-Road and Off-Road Pro modes) adjust throttle response, traction control and ABS settings for enhanced safety and optimum performance in all riding conditions.
The Scrambler 1200 XE also features optimised-cornering ABS and optimised-cornering traction control both of which automatically adapt the level of intervention to maintain the optimum ride, at any lean angle. These features are managed by the Inertial Measurement Unit which measures the roll, pitch, yaw and acceleration rates of the bike in order to calculate the lean angle and optimise braking and traction control accordingly, ensuring greater rider stability.
Benefitting from lower energy consumption, increased durability and greater visibility, the Scrambler 1200 mounts LED lights front and rear, and LED indicators (market specific). The headlight incorporates LED daytime running lights, which deliver better visibility and a distinctive front-end style (market specific).
Additional high specification rider-focused technology, standard on both of the 2021 Scrambler 1200 models, includes torque-assist clutch, cruise control, keyless ignition, under-seat USB charging socket and the internal wiring ready to plug in the accessory fit heated grips, which have 3 modes and are accessed through a really intuitive button built into the left grip.
Modern Custom Style with Category-Leading Finish and Detailing
Combining Triumph’s original Scrambler DNA, with beautifully crafted modern custom style, these bikes deliver all the hallmarks of a genuine scrambler. From the iconic silhouette with its high level twin exhaust, to the commanding height and poise, the new 2021 Scrambler 1200 XC and XE have true scrambler-defining style.
Just like every Bonneville, the engine presents the distinctive machined engine fins and black engine covers with its classic maker’s-mark triangular Triumph engine badge. These models also have a category-leading standard of finish and detailing, with authentic features such as the seamless sculpted 16 litre fuel tank, with brushed aluminium Monza fuel cap and brushed stainless strap. The custom-looking bench seat with stitched ribbing and Triumph branding completes the striking silhouette while delivering the optimal riding position and comfort when tackling any type of ride.
To complete the unmistakable scrambler style, the Scrambler 1200 features minimal aluminium mudguards, sculpted side panel with brushed aluminium Scrambler 1200 badge, aluminium bash plate and wide-set handlebars. And, the Scrambler 1200 XE gets even more, with hand guards, Brembo MCS lever, gold forks and the crafted aluminium long travel swingarm, which is longer on the XE, with a high specification shot blasted and anodised finish.
The new 2021 Scrambler 1200 XC and XE are available in three colours: Cobalt Blue with a Jet Black stripe, Matt Khaki Green with a Jet Black stripe or the single tone Sapphire Black option.
70+ Genuine Triumph Accessories
The Scrambler 1200 XC and XE have a range of over 70 genuine Triumph accessories. These have all been designed and tested alongside the bike to the same exacting standards, and allow the rider to personalise their bike with enhanced style and practicality, increased comfort, luggage, protection and security.
The comprehensive list of accessories ranges from a new Dakar-inspired fly screen to the durable and practical rugged pannier and tank bag, all adding greater touring capability. There is also a high-level front mudguard, handlebar brace and headlight grille, plus practical options including a centre stand, fog lights and heated grips. To top the extensive range of accessories, a wide choice of locks are available, as well as an alarm.
NEW SCRAMBLER 1200 STEVE MCQUEEN EDITION
Celebrating the most famous movie star, stunt and motorcycle in history, the new Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition brings all the new-generation 2021 Scrambler 1200 XE’s category-dominating specification, go-anywhere adventure-bike capability and state-of-the-art technology, and adds its own premium Steve McQueen paint scheme and extensive list of beautiful unique details. Fully equipped with a selection of premium Scrambler accessories, fitted as standard, the McQueen Edition is now officially the highest specification Scrambler 1200 ever.
Inspired by a genuine motorcycle legend
Inspired by the original competition-spec Triumph TR6, made famous by the legendary barbed wire jump in the iconic 1963 Second World War classic “The Great Escape”, the Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition has been developed in partnership with the McQueen family. Chosen to ride in the film by McQueen, over of a period-correct German military motorcycle, the Triumph TR6 used in the jump was created by a British Triumph dealer and ISDT Gold Medal racer Ken Heanes, with an ISDT suspension set-up designed for robust stunt work.
Unique limited edition
With just 1,000 Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition models available worldwide, each bike is individually numbered on the beautiful billet-machined handlebar clamp, which also features a laser etched Steve McQueen signature. For even greater exclusivity, each bike comes with a unique certificate of authenticity stating the bike’s VIN number, and carrying the signatures of Triumph’s CEO, Nick Bloor, and also Chad McQueen, son of the legend himself, Steve McQueen.
Exclusive details and finish
The unique paint scheme features a Competition Green tank with brushed foil knee pads, exquisite hand-painted gold lining, gold heritage Triumph logos, dedicated Steve McQueen tank graphic, brushed aluminium Monza cap and brushed stainless steel tank strap. The distinctive Steve McQueen Edition will also feature the aluminium high level front mudguard as standard, which, along with the rear mudguard, will also be painted in Competition Green.
In addition to the standard 1200 XE’s class leading specification, the Steve McQueen Edition comes fitted with engine protection dresser bars, which add another layer of ruggedness. Fabricated from stainless steel tubing, these have an electro-polished finish and offer additional protection to the clutch and alternator covers.
A laser cut and pressed aluminium radiator guard, with laser etched Triumph branding, also comes as standard, giving additional protection from loose stones whilst optimising air flow.
The Steve McQueen Edition also features a premium brown bench seat, with stitched ribbing and Triumph branding, which further enhances the overall classic style and elegance.
Aside from movie stardom, Steve McQueen was also renowned for his Triumph Scrambler desert racing, which makes the Scrambler 1200 XE the perfect base for the exclusive edition, thanks to its class-defining capability both on and off-road. The new McQueen Edition shares all of the acclaimed XE specification and performance, including the 2021 engine and exhaust system updates, making the limited edition fully Euro 5 compliant. Being a genuine cross-over motorcycle, it has all the capability of a full-on adventure bike with the iconic style inherited from its legendary Scrambler lineage.
The new Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen edition is also pre-enabled for the accessory My Triumph connectivity system. This allows the rider to access phone calls, operate music, use turn-by-turn navigation and manage a Go-Pro through the intuitive handlebar controls and TFT interface.
– END –
For further information contact Stefano Campaci on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
· First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
· Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
· This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the stunning new Trident 660, epic new Tiger 900, world leading Rocket R and GT, new higher performance Street Triple 765RS, iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton RS, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
· Triumph currently employs around 1,800 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
· The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family the authentic modern classic choice today.
· Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again in 2019, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman.
· Triumph’s racing legend continues as the exclusive engine supplier to the FIM Moto2™ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season. Triumph Motorcycles provides all of the teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each of which is based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powerplant. Redefining the class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the first ever +300km/h Moto2™ top speed, the 2020 season got even faster with another 11 all time lap records and seven different winners from 15 races.
· Triumph’s racing activities are further bolstered by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-supported race team in the British Supersport Championship.
· In 2021 Triumph have announced their forthcoming entry into the Motocross and Enduro worlds as well as a new factory racing effort, with a commitment to top tier championship racing in both Motocross and Enduro series.