MY TRIUMPH CONNECTIVITY SYSTEM AVAILABLE NOW ON STREET TRIPLE AND TIGER 800
From 21st December 2020, owners of previous model year Street Triple and Tiger 800 models with TFT instruments will be able to upgrade their motorcycles with the My Triumph Connectivity System.
- Thanks to the retrofit package that has been developed, customers will enjoy the following functionality on their bike:
- Triumph’s ‘turn-by-turn’ navigation system, built with Google
- Integrated GoPro control system
- Music and phone operation
- Bike status monitoring
- Available for Street Triple (Model Year 2017 – 2019) and Tiger 800 (Model Year 2018 – 2019) equipped with TFT instruments – see below for details.
- Retrofit for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 will be available in 2021.
Triumph’s turn-by-turn navigation system, built with Google
The result of Google’s very first partnership with a premium motorcycle manufacturer, the My Triumph app works in conjunction with the My Triumph Connectivity System to provide live navigation on your motorcycle via the TFT instruments. Facilitated by an accessory fitted My Triumph Connectivity Module, the app allows you to wirelessly connect to your Triumph motorcycle via Bluetooth.
Free to download on both iOS and Android app stores, the My Triumph app allows easy route set-up, with access to hundreds of millions of Google points of interest and reliable, location aware search suggestions.
In addition, the built in what3words functionality can be used to navigate to an exact 3 metre square location anywhere in the World. The what3words technology has divided the world into 3 metre squares and given each one a unique what3words address, made up of three words from the dictionary.
Once started, clear turn-by-turn navigation instructions are presented on the TFT instruments, with voice guidance available through a Bluetooth headset if connected.
Integrated GoPro control system
Featuring the World’s first integrated motorcycle GoPro control system, the My Triumph Connectivity System allows the rider to effortlessly capture every moment of their ride. Intuitively access and control key GoPro functions through the motorcycle’s TFT instruments and left-hand switch cube.
Phone and music operation
Once paired to the My Triumph Connectivity System, key smartphone operations can be controlled by the rider. Make and receive calls, see SMS messages, and control your music through the left-hand switch cube, with clear notifications displayed on the TFT instruments, and audio transmitted through a Bluetooth headset if connected.
Monitor the status of your Triumph motorcycle
A dedicated My Garage feature in the My Triumph app presents key information about your motorcycle when connected via Bluetooth, including odometer, average fuel consumption, and time/distance to service.
Available from 21st December 2020
The My Triumph Connectivity System retrofit will be available from 21st December 2020 for the following models:
- Model year 2017 - 2019 Street Triple R and Street Triple RS
- Model year 2018 - 2019 Tiger 800 XRX, XCX, XRT, XCA, XRX LRH
The retrofit package for Speed Triple and Tiger 1200 will be available in 2021.
- END -
For further information contact Stefano Campaci on firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
· First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacture in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
· Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British motorcycle manufacturer and has around 650 dealers across the world.
· This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the stunning new Trident 660, epic new Tiger 900, world leading Rocket R and GT, new higher performance Street Triple 765RS, iconic Scrambler 1200, Speed Triple, transcontinental Tiger 1200, iconic Triumph Bonneville family including the sporty Speed Twin, Bonneville Bobber, legendary Thruxton RS, accessible Street Twin, Street Scrambler and iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Triumph motorcycles.
· Triumph currently employs around 1,800 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
· The Triumph Bonneville, famously named to celebrate Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race-winner straight out of the crate, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling, style, and character. It’s that handling, character and style, married to modern rider-focused technology that makes the new Bonneville family the authentic modern classic choice today.
· Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycle sporting achievement. From winning the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908, through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, right up to contemporary racing achievements with the 675cc Triumph triple powered 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport racing, and again in 2019, with another victory at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, piloted by Peter Hickman.
· Triumph’s racing legend continues as the exclusive engine supplier to the FIM Moto2™ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season. Triumph Motorcycles provides all of the teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each of which is based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powerplant. Redefining the class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the first ever +300km/h Moto2™ top speed, the 2020 season got even faster with another 11 all time lap records and seven different winners from 15 races.
· Triumph’s racing activities are further bolstered by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-supported race team in the British Supersport Championship.